Introduction Thread

Welcome Fellow Sigmanauts

Thank you for joining the Sigma Community! We’re excited to have you here.

You have discovered the Community Introduction Thread. It’s the perfect place to introduce yourself to the Sigma Community. Most interesting to the Community are the kinds of things you’re doing with Sigma and your cloud initiatives overall. If you want to tell us about your love of old school Kung Fu movies you can share that, too.

The ingredients for a great intro are straightforward.

Start with the basics:

• Your name
  • Your company
  • Your title, role and department

Add a little Sigma flare:

• How long have you been a Sigma user?
  • What’s your primary use for Sigma?
  • What aspects of Sigma do you use most or find most valuable?

End with an (optional) personal touch:

• If you could have a marginally useful superpower, what would it be?
  • Anything else about you that you’d like to share…

Once you’ve introduced yourself, stay a while. Look around. Make new friends. Contribute to the Community. We’re glad you’re here!

1 Like

I’ll get us started…

• Your name: Christos Mousouris

• Your company: Sigma Computing

• Your title, role and department: Vice President, Customer Success

• How long have you been a Sigma user? I’m a fairly new Sigmanaut, so only about 3 months

• What’s your primary use for Sigma? At Sigma, we use Sigma for our own analytics. I use Sigma everyday to gain a better understanding of customer health.

I find the direct access to all the granular data in our cloud warehouse combined with the ability to create and materialize Datasets incredibly empowering. With the Datasets I’ve created I’m a heavy user of Levels, especially for cross level calculations.

• If you could have a marginally useful superpower, what would it be? This question has been a running joke with my 8 year old son. One of his favorites, to be able to add more cheese to any food you are touching.

• Anything else about you that you’d like to share. I’m excited to be part of the launch of this Community. I’m eager to hear from you, both within the Community forum and through direct conversation. Let us know how we can help you.

2 Likes

Nice to meet all of you my name is Ryan Mattel – can’t wait to see all the questions, thoughts, and tips everyone has regarding Sigma!

• Your title, role: Technical Support Engineer
  • How long have you been a Sigma user? I’ve been working for and using Sigma for two years now
  • What’s your primary use for Sigma? I love playing around with Sigma to try and learn it like the back of my hand to make sure I am able to answer any question that may come in
    Just the idea of Sigma blows my mind! I came into this role from a sales background without any prior experience in data analysis or SQL knowledge. Now because Sigma is so simple I’m able to perform many different forms of analysis with the best of em
  • If you could have a marginally useful superpower, what would it be? I would love to have the ability to perform any math problem in my head, goodbye calculators!
  • Anything else about you that you’d like to share. I would like to always be a resource for anyone here that needs it! Feel free to message me at any time either in this community, or you can reach me through the Live Chat function in the Sigma app
1 Like

Hi there, my name is Yuri Nazarov, and I am here to answer any questions and help get you up and running with Sigma!

• Your title, role: Technical Support Engineer
  • How long have you been a Sigma user? I am fairly new to Sigma (since August 2020), but I have been in the Business Intelligence field for about 15 years

Our community is open 24-7, but you can also always reach us via live chat during the business hours.
I am based in New York City, and I am available for a live chat from 9 am EST.

1 Like

Hello all,

My name is Zoë Bakker. I am a Data Analyst at North American Bancard in Metro Detroit.

We have been using Sigma since the beginning of this year.

I act as the face of Sigma at NAB. Onboarding new users, creating company-specific Sigma tutorials, introducing new features, and trouble shooting for a little over 50 users.

We started with Sigma to allow our internal data customers to retrieve data on their own without having to teach SQL and give people database access. We have definitely seen a reduction in users making simple requests to our data team as they can now access it themselves. The most popular Sigma feature by far is uploading a CSV and adding data to a user’s existing lists.

I would love the ability to make meat substitutes have the exact taste and texture of real meat.

Welcome Zoë! We’re ecstatic to have you here and can’t wait to see all your questions and of all the 50+ users at NAB!