Provide way to consolidate workbook page filters and/or freeze filters

• Describe Feature
    I’ve noticed that some of our users tend to add a lot of filters to their workbook pages, to the point where when you open a workbook the entire page they see is just filters before actually getting to the visuals. Example:

It would be nice if there was a place where we could consolidate the filters, and maybe even be able to pop them in/out of the workbook page. Something like the old Worksheet filter set-up (see below). Maybe the users have a button sticking out on the left-side, they click on the button, and the filter menu similar to the one below pops out.

This set-up also could allow the filters to be accessible no matter where the user is on the page. I’ve noticed if I scroll to the bottom of the page, but then I want to change a filter, I have to scroll all of the way back up.

• What is the use case?
    Using filters on a workbook page - they can take up a lot of real estate. And it can be annoying to constantly scroll up/down pages to change filters.

• How often would this feature be used?
    Every single workbook we create

• What is the impact of this feature on your organization?
    Very high

Ya, this is great. I would love collapsing sections—something like clicking on a button or using a calculation to show or hide which I think fits well with this idea!

3 Likes

@data_katrina - I love the collapsing filter section idea - for this and in general for sections on all pages.

@akeiser - “some of our users” = me :grin:

2 Likes

@zwhitcomb hahaha, it was the perfect example photo. But i’m guilty of adding a lot of filters too