Sigma support for foreign currencies

Does sigma support currency symbols outside of $? If I’m displaying data relating to a UK company can I represent the data with £?

I have a similar question. I know Sigma can have a custom symbol (ie £), but a release note from Feb 23, 22 says " Number columns now support currency formatting by locale. This option is available from columns’ menus, under Format > Custom ." Does this mean it can happen automatically based on a country? How would I identify which country to use?

Hi @data_katrina - The automatic locale selection is not quite there yet :slight_smile:
The enhancement on that release still requires a manual intervention. For example if you have a column of numbers needed to be displayed as currency in British Pound then you’d have to format the column to Currency type first and then manually input the £ in the Format → Custom → Currency box and hit Apply.

Hi @Darien, is there any way to have separate currencies? For example, in this bar chart, I want to show example countries’ totals. I have a Label field, but since it is a text I can’t find a way to add it to the label or change the format to be based on the symbol field.

Interesting! The only thing I can think of at the moment would be to add another table via CSV to your workbook which contains country name and currency info. There are a lot of these on the web. You can then perform a lookup against this table where for each country in your original table you bring its currency in a separate column.