Slack for Private Channels?

I know that the slack integration only allows for publishing to public slack channels. Are there any plans to support private channels? I believe this would be very useful since in many cases you only want your dashboard to be seen by a limited audience. Publishing to public channel may expose data that you do not wish to share with certain people.

Setting this up using a Slack web hook would allow for much more flexibility and provide a better solution than notifying everyone in slack.

Interested in knowing if this is on the roadmap and when.

Thanks
Jeff Vagg

Hey Jeff,

Great question and great point. As it turns out, we’re actively planning and developing improvements to our Slack integration – and this is one of them. You can expect the ability to target private Slack channels within the next few months.

Regards,
Stipo

Thank you. If there is any way to be part of a beta test we would like to do that.

Thanks

Hey Jeff,

We’ll do one better… It’s been released. If you add your Sigma Slack integration to a private channel, that channel will become a valid target for your Slack exports in the Sigma Send/Schedule UI.

Give it a shot and let us know how it goes. For any feedback or issues, feel free to reach out via our live chat support (blue Intercom bubble in the bottom right corner in your Sigma app).

Regards,
Stipo

Thanks. I will try it. Is there documentation I can reference?

You can check out the documentation here.

Thanks. I believe there is a mistake in the docs. It should be add @Sigma Notification to the slack channel. The documentation says to add @Slack Notification, which does not work.

But we have it working now and it works great.

Thanks

1 Like